Thursday 8 April 2010

Analyzing Front Covers (NME vs RWD)





Here are the NME and RWD (Rewind) front covers. I analysed the conventions that were used on these front covers.
The task we had been assigned to do, were to identify the differences and similarities between both the NME and RWD covers.
In addition I found that they are both different to some extent because they are both targeted at different audiences, they have differnt colour schemes and use several different fonts.
There are many similarities between the two, such as a large main image and cetral figuires, a large masthead, text and teasers.
I intend on using similar conventions for my front cover as it will reflect similar use of graphics, an image of a main figure that is recognisable to the Hip Hop and R&B music genre because I want my audience to connect to the main figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment